Welcome to Doyle/Ryder
Dear Families of Doyle/Ryder,
Welcome to the beginning of a new school year, one where endless possibilities to grow will be had. Over the summer, our school has been a happening place in getting things prepared for the school year this fall. One of the main areas we have seen progress is the school library, which is currently being prepared and revitalized thanks to the Detroit Pistons and Farm Bureau Insurance!
Additionally, we have some great new programs and information for all of our families, including:
· Community Education program, which will afford opportunities for students to participate in after-school programs, athletics, and other exciting opportunities. More details to come shortly.
· Expanded early childhood programs, including a second Pre-Kindergarten classroom, ECDD/HeadStart Program for qualifying families, and a K-1 Reggio-inspired classroom.
· Social Work services provided through the Genesee Health System and the Department of Health and Human Services on-site.
· School nurse available to assist with student health and wellness.
· Newly renovated library opening in September 2016.
· Uniforms for students will be REQUIRED for the 2016-2017 school year, in alignment with Flint Community Schools and Flint Board of Education policy. Included is a list of approved uniforms, as well as places where uniforms can be purchased.
I am pleased to welcome you to the 2016-2017 school year, and wanted to personally and cordially invite you to our school open house on Thursday, September 1, from 4pm- 6pm. At the open house, parents and students will be able to tour the building, get information on the programs we are offering this school year, see their classroom, and meet their teachers. Additionally, all students who attend the open house and are enrolled at Doyle/Ryder for the 2016-2017 school year will be eligible to receive a free school uniform!
As always, we are focused on teaching and learning. This is where I spend most of my day, focused on what truly matters: a high-quality education for each child. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the building staff at any time. Our staff are well-trained and capable of answering any question or concern you may have, and will be happy to assist you. Thank you for choosing Doyle/Ryder, a place where champions are made!
Yours in Education,